My friend Lisha brought me a lovely meal after Emma was born, and frozen inside a little square of tin foil were the most amazing raw truffles. These are so incredibly delicious! Sure to help the biggest chocolate addicts out there. They taste like fudge and you only need one to feel satisfied. Yummmm….here is the recipe!
Raw Vegan Gluten-Free Cocoa Mint Truffles
Adapted from recipe by Meghan Telpner
1 cup raw walnuts, unsoaked
1/2 cup almonds, unsoaked
1/2 tsp salt
15 pitted medjool dates, unsoaked
1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
2 Tbs maple syrup or honey
2 Tbs water
2 drops peppermint oil (food grade) or peppermint flavoring (use 1/2 t)
1/2 cup extra cocoa powder
- Place the nuts & salt in a food processor fitted with the S-blade and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder, agave, peppermint and vanilla process until the mixture starts to stick together. Add water as needed & process briefly.
- Using about 1 Tbs of mixture, roll into balls.
- Sprinkle coconut or extra cocoa out onto a plate or cookie sheet and roll balls through, giving them a light dusting.
- Keep refrigerated until serving, or even better- eat them right out of the freezer.